Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"Ebbtide"


Ebbtide
Originally uploaded by ellenjohnrubicon.
From owner Craig Carlson-

I was looking on the Net for Ebbtides and I found your nice site. I have an Ebbtide 33 that I purchased in the US and now have it home in Stavavnger Norway. This is my second Ebbtide as we bought our first in 1987 in Brighton England and spent 7 months fixing it up and then over 2 years living onboard while sailing in the Mediterranean. We sailed back to Southampton in 1990 and sold it to a doctor in Scotland who is a good friend. We missed our Ebbtide and so purchased our present Yacht in Rockport Texas and sailed in to the NE of Florida. I was hoping sail it home but I could not take the time off so I sent it to Sweden by cargo vessel. I now have it home.

Both of my Ebbtides were made by Oceancraft and I have visited the place and met Les Savage the builder, Our first Yacht was partly complete when we bought it and I spent 7 hard months completing it before taking off for about 2.5 years of sailing.

The new one we have was completed by the yard. I got it from a broker in Rockport Texas and sailed in to the NE of Florida. I have a bit of work to do on it. I also bought a lot of new equipment while in the US so I have to mount a new Monitor windvane and 2 Fulex roller reefing for the staysail and jib and some other items. This winter I also will be sanding off the one component paint the previously owner used when recoating and I will be applying 3 coats of 2 component epoxy and polyurethane paint. I am in the process of ordering a new engine to replace the huge 49hp Perkins someone in States installed.

Our first was Ebbtide is called Airedale The new one was originally name was Odin but we renamed and registered it as "Ebbtide".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home